This is another versatile recipe that we really enjoy. Our daughter Erin introduced us to it and it is now an official part of our regular meals.
- Mixed vegetables to roast – we use onion, beetroot, carrot, sweet potato, but you can use any that you like. If you are roasting them in the hooded BBQ, you may want to par-boil the root vegetables first.
- Pork Loin roast – Erin uses patties, but we like the pork loin sliced up over the salad. We have also had it with chicken fillets, so really whatever meat you prefer.
- Baby spinach
- Yoghurt drizzle
- Salad Dressing
- Feta (optional)
- Spice, such as Cajun or Portugese Chicken
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Chop your vegetables into 2cm pieces (approximately) and par-boil your potatoes and root vegetables.
- Toss the vegetables in some olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Cook in the BBQ on medium heat until browned and tender (approximately half an hour), take them out and set aside.
- If using Pork Loin, rub with the spice.
- Heat some olive oil in a fry pan and cook the Pork Loin on low heat until cooked through (approximately 20 minutes depending on the thickness or the loin roast).
- In a large bowl, toss the baby spinach, feta (if using) and roast vegetables and dress the salad with the dressing of your choice. We usually use a honey mustard dressing.
- Arrange the salad on a plate and lay the sliced meat over the top then drizzle with some yoghurt.